1.Center to setup NEWMA:- The central government will soon set up the North East Water Management Authority (NEWMA) to evolve a consolidated strategy to tackle floods and manage the water resources of Assam.
2. Cotton University team wins AHSEC quiz:- Cotton University team won the 3rd Swadeshi Adhayan Mega Quiz competition organized by AHSEC. Team Sibsagar and team Nalbari won the 2nd and 3rd prize respectively.
3. International Meet on Smart Villages and Rural Development:- The second International Conference on Smart Villages and rural development (COSVARD), 2019 was conducted at the Assam Administrative Staff College under the auspices of University of Melbourne, Australia and Assam Engineering College. Education Minister of Assam Siddhartha Bhattacharyya released the “Policy Framework for Smart Villages in Assam” at the inaugural session of the COSVARD 2019.
4. State Law Commission reconstituted:- The state government recently reconstituted the state law commission with Professor Ramesh Chandra Borpatrogohain as Chairman, Manash Saharia as member Secretary and nine other members.
5. Project “Parijat” for the differently-abled under OIL’S CSR inaugurated:- The project is being implemented by the Vocational Training Unit of Mrinaljyoti Rehabilitation Center (MRC). Under the project, the differently-abled students of MRC will be trained to produce garments for the new born babies that will be gifted by OIL hospitals to all babies borne there. The project aims to assimilate the differently-abled students with the mainstream society while ensuring their continuous engagement in productive activities.
6. Project “Sparsh”:- OIL has signed an MoU with Piramal Swasthya for project OIL Sparsh. Under project OIL Sparsh, mobile health camps are conducted in remote areas where access to primary healthcare is a challenge.